N.O.O.B.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World at War - Level 6 Missions

Go down

A World at War - Level 6 Missions Empty A World at War - Level 6 Missions

Post by Anansi Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Again, special thanks to Omega Sanction for allowing me to use his account for the links. This part is pretty short.

THE DEFENDERS OF THE CITADEL
(Undead-Undead-Undead-Undead)

The soldiers broke through the door and poured into the great hall, only to find the forces of the Abtu-Kahn drawn up before them.

Their leader stepped forward. "Greetings, Lord General," he said. "We did not expect such a bold move so early in the game. No matter. I will be delighted to crush you now."

"Don't count on it," Pozak said. "Soldiers! Take this thrice-dammed place apart."

MISSION: Drive the Abtu-Kahn from their citadel.

The opponent's deck runs a mix of infantry units with Block, with The Unnamed One and Argol for heroes. I can't quite point out the exact theme though as the battle ended too quickly.

SQUADS USED:
Sicilis Stonefist
Wall of Spears (2)
Aanglor Pikeman (2)
Aanglor Bladesman (1)
Estian Wardogs (1)

Blademaster Wilaren
Shadow Panther (6)

Nalinai Poisonblade
Silvintri Archer (2)
Forest Crawler (4)

BATTLE LINK:
http://www.warstorm.com/battle/view/4a5579f9-1c74-46ce-910e-16cac0a8012a

We used only THREE squads in this mission. The reason is we want to setup the best possible meatwall + cat/dog drop that we can pull off and that can only be achieved if we can draw the right cards. Since we lack a good aggro fourth squad, we opted for three squads as adding a filler squad may jeopardize the draw.

THE ESTIAN RABBLE
(Human-Human)

"We smashed the Abtu-Kahn!" Gallis said. "So everything's okay, right?"

Isidore said, "Not likely. The orcs are still rampaging across the plains, and the Abtu-Kahn will be back. Mark my words, things will get worse before they get better."

He peered down the hillside at the troops camping below. "Take these fools," he said. "Looks like we've got some deserters to contend with."

"Do they think the war is over?" Gallis asked.

"Hardly. They just don't want to fight on our side any more."

MISSION: Teach the deserters a lesson.

The Estian Rabble is composed mostly of Estian Skullcrushers, Warlord, and Ranger. The opponent used to be fast because of the 2-deploy Estian Skullcrushers. After they became 4 deploy though, it is relatively easy to beat this mission even with slower archers.

SQUADS USED:
Landen Hawkeye
Silvintri Marksman (3)
Aanden Venombow (2)
Aanden Silverback (1)

Nalinai Poisonblade
Silvintri Archer (2)
Forest Crawler (4)

BATTLE LINK:
http://www.warstorm.com/battle/view/4a557c65-55d8-4b34-9f93-5f95c0a8012b

We went with archers in this one as a great bulk of Human units are mostly infantry. I was just too lazy to edit squads, that's why there are Forest Crawlers in the second squad.

THE ROGUE RANGERS
(Human-Human)

"Those deserters weren't the first, Lord General, and they won't be the last."

Lord Pozak gave Isidore a curt nod. "Who do you think is responsible for these desertions?"

"Everyone says it's Darius the Cur and his rangers stirring things up," Isidore said.

Pozak did not look surprised. "Darius has never accepted the authority of the Empress over Estlam," he said. "But he's picked the worst possible time to show it. Bring him to me, please."

"He won't come easily," Isidore said.

"Then take the forces you need... Captain."

MISSION: Defeat the rogue rangers and bring Darius to Pozak.

We have two links here, the first one utilizes archers while the second one, Beasts. I was not able to put the list here but if I remember correctly, the archer squad is composed of Landen with Marksmen, Venombows, and a Silvintri Mage on the first while the second is made up of Arfalas and some Silvintri Archers, Silverbacks and other support units like Moon Druid.

BATTLE LINK: ARCHERS
http://www.warstorm.com/battle/view/4a558193-9a20-4602-8ea8-66adc0a80128

The outcome would have been better if we went heavier on archers. If going with a slower deck, such as this, it is advisable to use units that can kill Rangers in one shot as they are too dangerous when massed.

BATTLE LINK: AGGRO
http://www.warstorm.com/battle/view/4a55811b-7a1c-44cd-a3ec-6174c0a80129

This time, we went for a more aggressive approach, making heavy use of beasts. We were able to outrush the opponent here before they can mount a good defense.

THE CUR'S CAMP
(Human-Human-Undead)

Darius spat at the ground in front of Pozak. "Lord General," he said. "What an honor to meet the Defender of the Empire."

"I have no love of the Empire," Pozak said. "I do what is necessary to protect my people."

"You protect them by collaborating with the Aanglor invaders?"

"The invasion was over two generations ago. The Aanglor brought order to a land of warlords and chaos. Do you want to go back to those days?"

"If I am one of the warlords? Certainly." Darius laughed. "The days of the Aanglor are dying before you, Pozak. Time to grab what we can and build a new world."

"Not while I breathe, Darius."

Soldiers and mages stepped out of the shadows, surrounding Pozak's war camp. "That won't be a problem," Darius said.

MISSION: Escape the Cur's forces.

Darius' squad is composed mostly of tech infantry units (zap/trap/heal/blast), with acolytes as tankers. The Acolytes can form a defensive line which can be followed by Chain Zap or Blast drop.

SQUADS USED:
Zarin Boltcaller
Estian Cleric (3)
Aanglor Bladesman (1)
Aanglor Veteran (1)
Estian Wizard (1)

Adamans Firehand
Aanglor Highguard (2)
Wall of Spears (2)
Heavy Pikeman (1)
Aanglor Knight (1)

Firestarter Arfalas
Silvintri Mage (1)
Silvintri Archer (4)
Aanden Venombow (1)

http://www.warstorm.com/battle/view/4a5e8df2-0458-457e-9887-5b2dc0a80130

It would be better to avoid having multiple copies of units here as the opponent runs lots of Estian Wizards. Also, unless you're packing decent indirect damage sources like Zaps and/or Blast, it would be best to avoid using Wall of Spears too as the 0-power Wizards can use your own wall to "hide."

It is advisable too to avoid units with 1 attack unless that unit is really useful as Acolytes have Drain. If not killed right away, they can form a neat defensive line then finish with Blasters and/or Chain Zappers.

End of Level 6 mission guide. Thanks for reading.. Hope this helped.. affraid

Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down