N.O.O.B.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Crush a Skull: The Basic Bashers

3 posters

Go down

To Crush a Skull:  The Basic Bashers Empty To Crush a Skull: The Basic Bashers

Post by Anansi Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Krumbs from the Krafty Krab's kitchen..

I usually see a lot of new players asking questions about the SPCs in chat, especially about certain scenarios that they can't finish. Surely, the answer lies in their card collection as there is no specific deck that can finish out the entire SPCs. Still, there is one tried and true build that we used that made it through most of the parts of the SPCs and I decided to share it now.

Me and my friends call this one "The Basic Pozak." There may be other variations out, but this is the one that I personally prefer.

THE DECK

Squad 1
1 T3 Lord General Pozak
6 T1 Estian Skullcrusher

Squad 2
1 T3 Lord General Pozak
4 T1 Estian Skullcrusher
2 T1 Estian Wardog

Probably, one of the cheapest squads to make, this can cut a path through the SPCs, most especially the undead parts of "A World at War" and the ENTIRE "Gates Open" and "The Dragon's Hoard" campaign.

This deck can also fare well with slow decks in automatch, though I do not really recommend using this for automatches since it is easily countered with early defensive setups.

THE DECK DISSECTED

Lord General Pozak:
With 3 power and 8 health, the General can dish out enough damage to take down most units in the game while shrugging off most blows. There may be other better Human heroes out, but in my opinion, he is the easiest to get and his versatility is enough to make him a good hero choice.

Estian Skullcrusher:
As I don't consider the cultists as two-drops (because they have purple versions), for me, this would be the best offensive two-drop out (though I think most people would argue about this). They come out fast and can bring down the morale of any slow squads before they could even put something on the field.

Estian Wardog:
This one is debatable, but I've tested this before. The dogs can easily one-shot a lot of units in the game, but its real function is to drop the enemy morale. With the skulls coming out fast, the mutts usually drop as the third or fourth unit on the field and can attack for a turn or two without enemy defenders, enough to quickly finish slow squads.

AVAILABILITY

The deck pieces can be easily gotten. The Lord General Pozak is given at the start of the game if you'd choose the Human side, and three pieces of Skullcrushers come together with the Human starter set. The other pieces can be traded for and some players are giving skulls and dogs for free, though i'm not supporting begging, myself.

Parts of the deck can be subsituted, especially the hero if finding a second pozak becomes a problem. Knight Captain Alric and Sicilis Stonefist are good substitutes for Lord General Pozak. Also, you can go with 3 wardogs if you think finding an eighth skullcrusher is hard.

CONCLUSION

As said above, this deck can get through most of the SPC scenarios. I made it through the UNDEAD parts of the SPCs, except for the Grand Army of Abtukhan, with this. Some parts that require three or more squads can also be beaten with only the Basic Bashers (yes, 2 squads against 3up) since most of them are running high-deploy units.

This deck has some problems though, sometimes running out of gas, especially in scenarios where the morale is high. I would suggest using other squads in these scenarios where speed is usually overcome by overwhelming numbers. Still, the deck is a good investment, overall, cheap, and can be easily passed along to newer players who are wanting to have good squads for SPCs. affraid

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
As of the Rewards update, the Basic set has been cycled out while the Estian Skullcrusher and Lord General Pozak in the Novice set were nerfed, having their wait timers increased by 2. I am not sure the deck will work with those as the wait timer increase is too drastic. affraid

Last edited by Anansi on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

To Crush a Skull:  The Basic Bashers Empty Re: To Crush a Skull: The Basic Bashers

Post by skins266 Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:43 pm

interesting, what do you add to it when you go up against the 3-5 decks?

skins266

Back to top Go down

To Crush a Skull:  The Basic Bashers Empty Re: To Crush a Skull: The Basic Bashers

Post by Anansi Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:01 pm

good question, Mr. Skins.. actually, nothing.. affraid

adding more squads will ruin the deck's tempo.. but i assure you, two squads are enough to handle four slow squads.. you can try it if you want but they only work wonders in the missions.. in automatches, it's a bit risky since the skulls are a bit fragile.. some people add in earthworks instead of the dog in auto though.. affraid
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

Post by n3v3rwint3r Wed May 20, 2009 1:15 am

try this.. add another pozak with skullcrushers, i did the whole campaign with those ..
n3v3rwint3r
n3v3rwint3r

http://www.friendster.com/neverwinter12

Back to top Go down

Post by n3v3rwint3r Wed May 20, 2009 1:18 am

or beat them with fleyrs...
n3v3rwint3r
n3v3rwint3r

http://www.friendster.com/neverwinter12

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 pm

adding another pozak squad tends to ruin the tempo of the deck.. we've tested it several times and the deck works well as 2S.. with the flyer option, that would be good too as most of the missions were made pre-dragon/demons.. the problem with that is most new players don't have flyers yet.. affraid
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down