N.O.O.B.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnderDog Fight 2.0

+2
CrazyElf
Anansi
6 posters

Go down

UnderDog Fight 2.0 Empty UnderDog Fight 2.0

Post by Anansi Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:42 pm

I was thinking of putting back UDF!!.. I know the last one we had was unsuccessful but I think that's because we never had good planning, we were undermanned, and HotU was a bit underground back then..

The reason why we want to push something like this is that WS can be a bit boring sometimes.. Aside from the tourneys and chat, there is no real player to player interaction that is happening in WS.. Plus, we are thinking of an event that could make new players interact with one another, have fun, and even score some for the achievements (since they will be challenging each other in the tourney, the battles will count for achievements). Still, we want to consider first if this is possible, plus we will still be raising funds for the prizes..

Just like the orginal UDF!!, we want this to be a free tourney, but this time, I'm thinking of making this a team event, with some of the staff acting as team coaches. This would bring more interaction not only among the participants but with the N.O.O.B. staff as well. Plus, this could filter out the "bad seeds" too as having someone in the team who's just interested on getting free cards can bring the entire team down. Anyway, this is just a plan and I'm not sure if we'll push it through.

If you have any suggestions or clarifications, just reply to this post..

Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.. Thanks! affraid

Last edited by Anansi on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

UnderDog Fight 2.0 Empty Proposal plan for team event...

Post by Anansi Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:27 am

*The names of the members were just made up.

Sample teams:

TEAM: The Way Makers
Canduil (coach/team captain)
- StreamsOfSilver21
- guacaomole joe
- rocklee

TEAM: The Masterminds
Phillybear (coach/team captain)
- leroy jenkins
- blackh0le s0n
- the ravishing

TEAM: Warpigs
N3v3rwint3r (coach/team captain)
- naktakallah
- f1r3w4t3r
- salmonella sam

TEAM: Crazy Elves
bullpups (coach/team captain)
- ankle cracker
- DrizZzZzt
- Billy

Teams will be composed of three members, with each member fighting for a different *format. The team captains will coordinate with the members on who will fight for a specific format.

*Not decided yet. For now, we'll assume there are three - Novice Set (2s), Five-Faction (5s), and Commoner (3s) we made in HotU. If ever we'll push through with this, we'll be asking for your suggestions too.

Sample Pairing:

The Masterminds VS Warpigs!

Match 1: Novice Format
-Leroy Jenkins VS f1r3w4t3r

Match 2: Five-Faction Format
-the ravishing VS salmonella sam

Match 3: Commoner Collision
-blackh0le s0n VS naktakallah

Each match will be composed of three rounds, with 1 point given for each round. The winner with the highest points after battling all other teams will be declared winner.

Well, this is just a proposal. All ideas are welcome. Thanks! affraid

Last edited by Anansi on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

UnderDog Fight 2.0 Empty Re: UnderDog Fight 2.0

Post by CrazyElf Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Hey Anansi. Im here now so if you guys need help with anything just let me either on WS, The White Knights website, or PM me on here.

CrazyElf

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Thank you, thank you!! It's really good to have you back in WS.. affraid
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

Post by WayMaker Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 pm

I think that having an event like this would be great. If players, especially newer ones, find themselves having a fun time, then they are more likely to stay in the game and possibly bring their friends also. I'm in full support of this idea. I can help spread the word and I can get some of my friends to also help spread the word once the event is fully planned out.

And yes, I agree that more player interaction is needed. While the chat is honestly a very good way to meet new people, newer players are often looked down upon or mistreated by more experienced players causing the newer people to avoid chat sometimes.

One idea for this event to help encourage people to join is a few free cards for participating. I'm not talking anything super fancy or expensive, but maybe a squad of the faction of their choice. I would be willing to give out the free cards to people who participate.
WayMaker
WayMaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:48 pm

thanks sir.. your response made us more optimistic about pushing this through.. we really want to help out new players in any little way possible, as more happy new players will make the game grow.. the problem we had before was being "underground" plus some players were not serious enough to participate.. they just registered then *poof* gone.. perhaps they never thought we were serious about giving away prizes.. or perhaps they were more interested in the cards than the fun itself.. that's why we're really grateful that two people - Hivendo and Viserion supported the tourney.. again, thanks sir and we will plan this more.. and in case we can push this through, would it be OK if we'll invite you as a team coach? even for just one event.. i think the newer players will get more excited having a top player sharing ideas with them.. affraid
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

Post by Canduil Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:46 pm

*gives feed back*

Sounds like a good idea ^^
Canduil
Canduil

Back to top Go down

Post by Hivendo Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:34 am

Still love the initiative ! It's got my full support (although even I don't know what that means Very Happy).
Hivendo
Hivendo

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillybear Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:43 pm

If two teams end up with the same amount of points after battling all teams, can we get a battle between the team captains to decide the winner? 6s or so ^^

*loves the idea*

Phillybear

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyElf Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:14 pm

If you need me too. I am willing to participate in anyway needed

CrazyElf

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:18 pm

Phillybear wrote:If two teams end up with the same amount of points after battling all teams, can we get a battle between the team captains to decide the winner? 6s or so ^^

*loves the idea*

yep!! that's what i was thinking all along.. would love to see you and canduil dueling each other for your teams.. ^^

what i'm thinking is the captains will get to choose what format they'll fight on.. we are still thinking of formats for the tourney (if we can push it through).. perhaps the old formats that we made will make a comeback, with some revisions of course.. i was thinking too of asking WayMaker's permission to use the Tactician format..

i just hope that we can get SERIOUS players to join this.. affraid
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:20 pm

again, thanks for the feedbacks.. once i finish editing the final drafts for the guides, perhaps i'll get on to this matter.. of course, i will need your advice, so please help me on this.. affraid
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

UnderDog Fight 2.0 Empty Wooow...

Post by BC Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:24 pm

Thats Great.....

I Hope it can really exist...

It will make me Try harder at WS

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face tongue

BC

Back to top Go down

UnderDog Fight 2.0 Empty UnderDog Fight 2.0

Post by Spawnsta Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:39 pm

I'd give it a go.

Ideas for more interaction:
1. Chat visible in battle screen
2. Some oportunity or format to control the card actions, Ie where you heal or which unit is blasted by your spell
3. move the chat window higher up the page so you don't need to scroll to chat
4. Like the coaching idea, not sure how that will work though. The decks would need to be visible by your teammates and you would need to be able to chat between rounds and maybe update your deck between rounds.
5. A way to battle between more than one person at a time would be interesting and get more people talking to each other.

Thats all I have for now.

SS

Spawnsta

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillybear Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Spawnsta, we aren't devs, we can't change anything at all about the WS interface, card actions or anything else.
I think we should make closed decks....changing it between battles would make it a bit unfair. Let's say ppl get notified they get to participate and that they get 3/4 days to make their deck. Then they PM their deck to Anansi, he needs to know if they followed the formats anyway. You had plenty of time to test your deck, so it shouldn't be changed anymore by then ^^

Phillybear

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:24 am

Spawnsta wrote:I'd give it a go.

Ideas for more interaction:
1. Chat visible in battle screen
2. Some oportunity or format to control the card actions, Ie where you heal or which unit is blasted by your spell
3. move the chat window higher up the page so you don't need to scroll to chat
4. Like the coaching idea, not sure how that will work though. The decks would need to be visible by your teammates and you would need to be able to chat between rounds and maybe update your deck between rounds.
5. A way to battle between more than one person at a time would be interesting and get more people talking to each other.

Thats all I have for now.

SS

@Spawnsta:
about questions #1, 2, and 5, like Phil said, we aren't devs so we can't do anything about those suggestions.. perhaps the only thing closest to #1 is to use our chatbox in the forum.. still, you have to switch tabs for that.. about #4, the coaches are there to guide in deck building, at the same time to make sure that all the team members are present for the event.. they are just like event coordinators or something, that's why we're choosing our staff here..

@Phillybear
yep.. i totally agree with that.. having a chance to use an entirely different deck in different rounds would be troublesome and will just start endless attempts of countering.. how about like this, they'll send a valid decklist for me and Alpha to see some days ahead WITH SIDEBOARDS in the list (in MTG, we have 15 cards for sideboard, that makes 25% of deck size which is 60.. i'm thinking of having participants send a list with 25% sideboard cards).. of course, the coaches won't be told about the decks and board lists.. OR we can accept the decklists on the event itself.. of course, we're going to see if they followed their lists once the links are posted and those who didn't follow will be DQ'd right away..

what do you think mate? affraid
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillybear Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Well, we only need to know the decks of our own team and since we help putting those together, we'll know what they look like. Knowing the other decks would be bad Razz I think it's best if they send the list at least one day before starting. That way we can be sure they are ready when the event starts.
Sideboards sound ok to me, but decks will ofcourse still have to be valid after swaps, so it would be best if they notify you of any swaps (before the battle or with the battle link)
I'm also thinking of telling the contestants only the names of the people on their team... You're trying to get many new players in, who have less cards, so if we knew their cards, it would be easier to build a counter.

Last thing:
Anansi wrote: i think the newer players will get more excited having a top player sharing ideas with them.. affraid
Can we get ppl that play a little longer for the 5s battles? Most new players don't have enough cards to make at least one squad for each faction...

Phillybear

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:24 am

yep.. the 5-squad format (if it would be used) is for intermediate players.. plus, i'm thinking that the coaches would get to decide who would play for a certain category.. those with novice cards only in their collection will automatically be playing for the Novice format..

about the scouting thing, since the coaches will decide about the divisions their players will be fighting and this will only be mentioned only on the day of events (i haven't mentioned this i think, as we still don't have an official rule sheet for this), countering can be quite difficult, i think.. though we will consider about the names being kept secret if we can't think of other solutions for this.. affraid

Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum