N.O.O.B.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem finding a winning 1S

4 posters

Go down

Problem finding a winning 1S Empty Problem finding a winning 1S

Post by TheLeviathan Sun May 03, 2009 10:30 am

Hi guys:

My fourth day playing, I already bought all campaigns and I think i have a decent deck.

Im getting deeper in the game, finding all the variables and trying to pown my way up the ladder but... No chance at all.

I keep being raped, I tried with human, demon, elf, dragon, undead and orc 1S configurations, with pretty decent cards ( I think ).

So before moving further and spend my 57 junk cc, i would like to ask you guys.

What am i doing wrong?

Can anyone suggest a decent 60-40% winning 1S deck, for any race (or 1 for each race Razz) so i can go past 1700? I was actually up to almost 1900 with 2s orcs and 2s undeads, but wanted to unlock the 1S achievement and went all my way doooown.

As i see i cant paste a link directly to my deck, ill just post my actual 1s elf and my t7 and t6.

Thanks in advance for any help, and please let me know if i can do something for ya!

T7:

Ice storm
Firemane Demon
Varu Blackrobe

T6:

Voidcaller
Blademaster Wilaren
Grovekeeper Dyrbral
Light Priestess Enyi
Nalinai Poison Blade
Aanden Stormcaller (just found its real value =))
Lord General Pozak
Zarin Boltcaller
Kulnar Deathmage
Blade of Weakness
Khronan Rum
Soul Leech
Mist Stalker

Actual Elf 1S:
T6 Blademaster Wilaren
T6 Andeen Stormcaller
2x T5 Green Hatchling
T5 Icebow Archer
T5 Silvintri Mage
T5 Aanden Priest

My in game nick is the same, TheLeviathan. Thanks in advance guys!

TheLeviathan

Back to top Go down

Problem finding a winning 1S Empty Re: Problem finding a winning 1S

Post by Alpha Sun May 03, 2009 11:32 am

Typical play in 1sq is basically dealing fast damage to your opponent without much regard for your opponents units. You have a good choice hero using Wilaren because of the considerable amount of damage that he can deal with a reasonable wait time. Stormcaller is also one of those cards that "just works", you can place him in any elf squad and he'll raise hell. The problem lies with your remaining units, you'll notice that they deal very little damage and relies on board control, which you don't need in a 1sq environment

You absolutely need the Aanden Stalwarts achievement card, its t4 version is 4 wait 2/5 regen-1, t7 version is 2 wait.

Since you mentioned that you want the 1sq achievement first, it'll be pointless to grind 2sq achievement just so you can use the achievement card to grind 1sq achievement right?

So let's turn to the alternatives, if you have access to T5 Aanden Silverbacks, use it. 4 wait for a 3/3 is nothing to sneeze at. T5 Cultist of Aradaan is also a keeper, 0 wait for 2/2 is great.

Put in cards that will shave your opponent's life the fastest.

Since you've passed the 1700 rating, you'll have access to a t4 cask of celebration. If you have any hero that can use artifacts, put the cask in there, I can't stress how strong that card is.
BTW, the core set version of Wilaren has a 5-unit 1-artifact slots in it, if you have at least the T4 version, try using that with cask as the artifact, put in the stormcaller and remaining 4 units is up to you.

So to summarize, in a 1sq environment, use units with low wait time and with considerable damage output. Aim on killing your opponent before he can bring his/her units out.

PS: Oh btw, check out the Dog Sheet to check for card prices, the market right now is a little shaky because of the sale. We'll update the prices once the sale is over.
Alpha
Alpha
Admin

https://checkthismate.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeviathan Sun May 03, 2009 12:16 pm

Thanks a looooot for that deep input, sir.

Ill try it right away!

TheLeviathan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeviathan Sun May 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Ill try to get a T7 sicilis stonefist to use with the cask, and the rest all andeen silvebacks or t5 cultists, or maybe a mix of both. Ill try all the ways.

TheLeviathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi Sun May 03, 2009 10:32 pm

mr. leviathan, i definitely wouldn't recommend getting a T7 sicilis just for the sake of completing 1s achievements.. the t4 version is decent enough since you'll be just be using it for the cask and not for the hero itself.. another cheap alternative would be a t3 pozak.. for 8 wait, it's decent enough to dish out damage at the same time, being able to take hits as well.. for the elves, t4 wilaren and t3 nalinai would be good cask carriers..

another thing about 1 squad is unit quality really matters here.. even a lone CHG would do good in 1s.. don't worry about rush.. you have the means to take most rushers out with the t5 wagon unless you will be facing a t5 cultist rush.. so i think your orcs will be pretty decent.. try to mix them out a little and don't hesitate to run a single CHG.. i took a look at your collection a while ago but i haven't memorized the units so i'll just put here the notable t5 orcs.. t5 wagon, t5 shardbow, t4 CHG.. i can't remember if you have a trollget, a blackblade and a the "flaming" cultist thingy but you can try them.. the cultist and the wagon would act as delay while waiting for your bombs to drop.. for the hero, i'm thinking of using skoreg, but the problem here is we have to avoid having a wagon with a cask because that would really suck..

T6 Blademaster Wilaren
T6 Andeen Stormcaller
2x T5 Green Hatchling
T5 Icebow Archer
T5 Silvintri Mage
T5 Aanden Priest

with the elves, i would have to agree with alpha.. the stormcaller really packs a punch so he would have to stay.. since you have a healing unit already in the squad (aanden priest), you can use the Sword of Prowess if you have it already to be able do much damage.. but i'm afraid the mage and the hatchlings would have to go.. the icebow can stay as it can act both as an antiflier and a disable.. so, you can go with t4 wilaren + t4 sword of prowess + t6 stormcaller + t5 icebow + t5 aanden priest.. for the two extra spaces, hmm.. perhaps you can try a maceman and another priest.. you may also go with t4 wilaren + cask + stormcaller + priest + apes.. i'm here at the office so i can't access my WS account, but i'll check with you as soon as i can log in.. affraid
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

Post by skins266 Mon May 04, 2009 7:05 am

i don't really know why this works, but it does for me

Hero - Raganash
5 Red Hatchlings
1 Baanur Darkmage

I have all t5's, but the other card types work quite well. Then I plateaued around 1900 with this deck and have to find a new combo

skins266

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum