N.O.O.B.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modular 2s for 2s/4s/6s Tourneys (T1-4)

3 posters

Go down

Modular 2s for 2s/4s/6s Tourneys (T1-4) Empty Modular 2s for 2s/4s/6s Tourneys (T1-4)

Post by ktchong Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:06 pm

I'm attempting to build at least three pairs of modular 2-squads (Tier 1 through 4), which means:

• Each 2s, individually, can join and win 2s tourneys;

• Each 2s can combine with another 2s and become 4s, which can join and win 4s tourneys;

• All three 2s can combine together and become 6s, which can join and win 6s tourneys.

So each 2s are like individual parts. Each individual part can work by itself (i.e., as 2s,) or it can work with another part (as 4s,) or all parts can work together (as 6s.) They are modular.

Last edited by ktchong on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

ktchong

Back to top Go down

Modular 2s for 2s/4s/6s Tourneys (T1-4) Empty Re: Modular 2s for 2s/4s/6s Tourneys (T1-4)

Post by ktchong Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Let's start with my first pair of modular 2s:

Lord General Pozak (T3, 8 ready, 5 units, 1 artifact)
  • Aanglor Squire (T2)
  • Knight of Blades (T3)
  • Pegasus Rider (T3)
  • Great Eagle (T4)
  • Harkaanite Husky (T4)
  • Cask of Celebration (T4)

Light Priestess Enyi (T3, 10 ready, 6 units)
  • Aanden Maceman (T2)
  • Aanden Priest (T2)
  • Silvintri Mage (T2)
  • Silvintri Loremaster (T3)
  • Aanden Battle Fort (T3)
  • Aanden Stalwart (T4)

Questions:

• In Pozak's squad, is there another artifact can replace the Cask of Celebration? (Too many squads are competing for the Cask and the Diadem of Light.)

• In Enyi's squad, is it better to replace some units with Aanden Stormcaller, Aanden Horsebow, Unicorn Maiden, Shield Rider and/or other stronger but slower units?

• Is it better to use Light Priestess Enyi that carries 4 units/2 spells instead of 6 units? What two spells should Enyi use?

• As this is a human-elf 2s, should I use Blade Mage and/or Paladin of Light for ally synergies?

Last edited by ktchong on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:30 pm; edited 5 times in total

ktchong

Back to top Go down

Modular 2s for 2s/4s/6s Tourneys (T1-4) Empty Re: Modular 2s for 2s/4s/6s Tourneys (T1-4)

Post by Phillybear Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:41 pm

I'm not good at building decks without testing them, so I'm not gonna give you advice on that, I'll leave that to anansi/n3v3r.
My suggestion is that you focus on 1 or 2 deck sizes: making 3 2s means your (2nd and) 3rd 2s won't be able to function at its full strenght, because you may have already used the best card for it in another squad (like the cask). Another problem: the cards you use in 6s aren't always the same as what you use in 2s, so by choosing to build 3 2s that can work both separate from eachoter and together, you either make a 6s without the slower, but stronger cards, or a slow 2s.
So if you want a deck that can do 2s,4s and 6s, make a 2s that can win. Then add 2 extra squads, without changing your first 2s (because it is a winner). If this 4s is capable of winning a lot as well, add another 2 squads, again without changing the previous squads.

Phillybear

Back to top Go down

Post by ktchong Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:58 pm

Warstorm does not provide free T1-T4 tourneys for 2s and 4s. The only free T1-T4 tourneys are 6s, which means I can't test the experimental 2s or 4s without paying a tourney entry fee.

I'd like to try some paid tourneys, but I do not want to pay to send untested squads into tourneys. I do not want to spend huge amount of CC to buy T5-7 units to join the "Anything Goes" tourneys, and I currently do not have enough T1-4 units to put together 6s to join the free tourneys, (i.e., 6s is the only tourneys that are available for T1-4 and free.) That's why I'm taking one step at a time.

ktchong

Back to top Go down

Post by ktchong Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:30 pm

ktchong wrote:
  • Aanden Maceman (T2)
  • Aanden Priest (T2)
  • Silvintri Mage (T2)
  • Aanden Stalwart (T4)

What do you guys think of these replacements:

Aanden Priest (8 Ready) ==> Unicorn Maiden (10 Ready) or Shield Rider (10 Ready)

Aanden Maceman (6 Ready) ==> Aanden Horsebow (8 Ready)

Again, this is one of 2s T1-4.

Last edited by ktchong on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

ktchong

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:07 pm

I agree with Philly's opinion on this.. It's hard to make 3 separate standalone 2S that can be combined to make 4s and 6s, though it is possible (i.e. Kraxis's pre-Dragon Wagons and Dragons 6S = 3s - T6 Bone Dragons/ 3s - T5 Battle Wagons, but the third 2S lacks Vostag/Skarg). Still, your deck won't be consistent enough to deal with most threats. Perhaps it would be easier to do Phil's idea. Start with just 2S and if you think it is consistent, slowly add squads, checking for consistency until you reach your goal of 6.

One thing that we have to keep in mind is the difference between each format. In 2s, T5 cultists can be devastating but in 6s, they won't do much due to high morale. I don't think this would be much of a problem to you as you decided to go with a control theme. Just wanted to point out that some cards that are great in 2s are not that useful in 6s.

Now to answer your questions..

Q: In Pozak's squad, is there another artifact can replace the Cask of Celebration? (Too many squads are competing for the Cask and the Diadem of Light.)

A: There are other good artifacts out there that can be used. The choice of artifact depends on how you want to make your deck. In your case, I think the Cask is good for support and better than the Diadem IMO since you're running a husky in your deck.

Q: In Enyi's squad, is it better to replace some units with Aanden Stormcaller, Aanden Horsebow, Unicorn Maiden, Shield Rider and/or other stronger but slower units?

A: Hmm.. I'd choose the Stormcaller over the Loremaster since I find the Lore too fragile. The Aanden Horsebow and Shield Rider are good choices too but they can be a bit slow for 2S. Still, I'm not sure.. The Unicorn Maiden is just too slow IMO.. (Also, refer to the answer to your last question for this).

Q: Is it better to use Light Priestess Enyi that carries 4 units/2 spells instead of 6 units? What two spells should Enyi use?

A: Not sure. I have a T6 Core Enyi with two spells. Haven't found a use for her yet in 2s. (Also, refer to the answer to your last question for this).

Q: As this is a human-elf 2s, should I use Blade Mage and/or Paladin of Light for ally synergies?

A: This is why I'm pretty much undecided on your previous questions. You can pull out Aanden Priest and the Knight of Blades and replace them with Paladin of Light and Blademage. The Priest and Pally both have 8 wait and the Pally is even better if there is an elf in play. The Blademage too is better than the Knight and has a lower deploy. You're putting in the Shield Rider/Horsebow for flyers right? Well, the Blademage can hit flyers too and is devastating when able to setup. And if you're going with an allied theme, the best course of action is to minimize slots. This will increase the chance of getting a quick allied setup on the board. Going with a spellslot Enyi will decrease the chance of getting an elf unit on board, thus turning the Paladin in a Diet-Aanglor Veteran.

Back to the topic about the modular squads, I think you have to decide first on your 2s in order to proceed with this. If I'll be going with the modular idea that you were thinking, I'd go with an allied theme, adding some support units as I slowly add more squads. what's your WS name? I think I can make this deck or ask my friend to make it and send you some challenges so that you can see how the deck goes. We can even try the allied mod too if you want to..

BTW, I moved this topic to the General Discussion forum.

I hope this helped. affraid
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

Post by ktchong Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:16 am

ktchong wrote:

• Aanglor Squire (T2)
  • Knight of Blades (T3)
  • Pegasus Rider (T3)
  • Great Eagle (T4)
  • Harkaanite Husky (T4)

• Aanden Maceman (T2)
  • Aanden Priest (T2)
  • Silvintri Mage (T2)
  • Aanden Stalwart (T4)

So I should replace:

• Knight of Blades ==> Paladin of Light
  • Silvintri Loremaster ==> Aanden Stormcaller
  • Aanden Priest ==> Aanden Horsebow
  • Aanden Maceman ==> Shield Rider

The Knight of Blades takes too long to come out.

Silvintri Loremaster and Aanden Priest are too fragile. They come out either too early or too late.

Aanden Priest and Aanden Maceman are vulnerable to archers and can't hit flying units.

Last edited by ktchong on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 3 times in total

ktchong

Back to top Go down

Post by ktchong Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:32 am

Updated 2s:

• Aanglor Squire (T2)
  • Paladin of Light (T3)
  • Pegasus Rider (T3)
  • Harkaanite Husky (T4)
  • Great Eagle (T4)

• Silvintri Mage (T2)
  • Aanden Stormcaller (T3)
  • Aanden Horsebow (T3)
  • Aanden Stalwart (T4)
  • Shield Rider (T4)

What are this 2s' chances of winning a tourney?

Enyi's Silvintri Mage is useful for blasting multiple units. He can often remove several enemy units at once, but he is fragile. Is it advisable to replace him with an Icemage of Aradaan?

Another option is to swap out the Harkaanite Husky (4 ready) and Silvintri Mage (8 ready), and swap in an Aanden Silverback (6 ready) and Kulnar Deathmage (10 ready). However, that will delay the the 2s' overall readiness by 4.

Any other suggestion for improving this 2s?

Last edited by ktchong on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

ktchong

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillybear Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:31 pm

I would leave the Silvintri Mage in:
- he can deal more damage than the Icemage
- They die just as fast against archers and most normal units (unless Icemage freezes his opponent
- Mage is faster

Phillybear

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Hmm.. Have you tried Arfalas instead of Enyi? In most cases, Arfalas does better than Enyi as he's good in board control.. affraid
Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

Post by ktchong Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:00 am

Anansi wrote:Hmm.. Have you tried Arfalas instead of Enyi? In most cases, Arfalas does better than Enyi as he's good in board control.. affraid
I am open to using any human and/or elven heroes and units in the 2s. What are the best human/elven hero combo in 2s?

ktchong

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:26 am

For elves..

Arfalas, as I've mentioned is good..

Lady of Shadows.. A good disabler, even able to castrate giants and reduce them to powerless walls..

Blademaster Wilaren.. A decent hero, especially the core as he has an arty slot..

For humans..

Lord Darius.. I've tested him out and he's quite good, especially if you're able to setup a good walling.. Like the core version, he has an artifact slot.

Pozak at the Bay.. Hmm.. not really sure as I haven't tested him yet.. I think he can be quite deadly but requires heal support.. He has an artifact slot too, like the core version..

Archaeologist Arugi.. I only use him to carry artifacts.. Though he can be useful if pulled out early.. Most people, I think, would pick Katrina over him..

Zarin Boltcaller (Basic Set).. Fairly decent.. Avoid the core as two spell slots ain't really good in 2s IMO..

If I'll have the time, I'll try to test your list too.. Unfortunately, I don't have some of the cards so I'm not really sure if we'll get good results.. BTW, if you're thinking of a deck for the T1-T4 standard, sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think your list can make it as the current meta in the T1-T4 standard is Hellfire/Taskmaster.. Though I do think it can survive in the ladders.. affraid

Anansi
Anansi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum